Thursday, November 18, 2010

thursdays...

So whatever the reason being, there is something about thursday nights that are always magical to me in some way.  I don't know if its the thrill of the weekend expounding or the fact that its later in the week and i am usually kinda sleep deprived.  Whatever the case, I am a fan :)

It was a pretty awesome day. I always work caribou on thursday afternoons, but today i showed up and didnt need to work-sweet! I celebrated by going errand running and taking a two hour nap. score.

I woke up around 5ish and had a lot of positive energy, so what better way to celebrate than write an art history paper about ancient egypt and get coffee. Thursday night always means that there is large group. this is one of the orgs that i am part of, but have not been super involved with this semester because the thrill of 17 credits and 2 jobs has kind of taken its toll. Tonight was different though.  I had great anticipation for sharing my thanksgiving story from the last 5 years and my little brother's legacy. I've told this story a couple of other times over the college years, but this was by far my best.

I always get the "butterflies of anticipation" because I know how much i adore talking in front of people. so i sat there and sipped my coffee while another friend gave her testimony.  Ironically, i do not know what was going through my head while i drank my coffee because coffee causes jitters, yet its my comfort food. hmm. Regardless, i was ready, unrehearsed, and roaring to go.

I got up and told my story about Rob. I had a super receptive audience and had a lot of smiles fired my way. It kind of blows my mind to think that you just stand up in front of a group of people and speak. I had no idea where all the words came from, but i always have full confidence in knowing that I will have something to say.

I don't know if i can fully describe the "high" you get after speaking inspiration to large groups of people.  Its that of extreme satisfaction in knowing that I was exactly where I wanted to be teaching life lessons. The best part was getting all the responses after large group was over. I had a lot of people I never met before come and and just simply say "thanks." This always reminds me that Rob served the exact purpose he had always sought out to: support, love, and be there for people. way to go squirt!

Overall its been a pretty motivating week for myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment