Monday, October 22, 2012

lounging

I am going to make this a quick and happy little post because it is getting a lil later and i do work early... Let my just recap how the perfect Sunday goes:

1. wake up at 11:30AM, after getting close to 12 hrs of sleep.
2. Make brunch with your best friend. Even better, its pancakes and bacon.
3. Watch an the Packers dominate, after attending the Badger game the day prior. Gosh i love wisconsin football.
4. Meander around Kohls with your 30% off coupon and go. to. town. Note: i NEVER go shopping- this is the first time since probably May and i only saved $150.
5. Froyo :)
6. Hug my two fave boys.
7. Recipe hunt on foodgawker and pinterest.
8.. Go to bed reminding myself that theres only 9 more days until i will be lying on the beach with Patty Slattery in another country :D

The older i get, the more i realize how much i enjoy lists. They are just so practical and really make a logical flow of thoughts. I very much have Hillary Johnson to thank for this one. If she could have her whole wall be a giant white board, she would fill it from ceiling to floor. There is just so much satisfaction is crossing off things from a list-- just such a visually stimulating pleasure. Sometimes i wake up and make a to-do list and i'll put tasks such as "brush teeth" and "enjoy coffee." It is completely and utterly setting yourself up for victory! Win-win-win-win-win.

A little smile cracker that happened today amongst the daily insanity of being a cardiac RN, one of the nephrologists called me specifically to tell me "You are a good nurse." Made me grin like kindergartener who just secretly stole 2 birthday treats and got away with it.

Ah yes, last inkling-- I am very proud of Joey. He took a job as the assistant HS boys swim coach at a school in Tosa. Can't wait to see the swim meets and watch him in his true element!

Well, if you've made it this far in the post, you are doing much better than i would've anticipated. I have a cute yellow lab lying on my feet and snoring away with another early morning to come. Good night world, you sure are a beautiful place, filled with beautiful people.

Funny Confession Ecard: Some people dont like pooping at work but I love it. Its the only time I get paid to poop.

No comments:

Post a Comment